This 5.5-hectare urban quarter is a symbol of the energy revolution in Germany and serves as a home base for companies working in the fields of energy, sustainability and mobility. Since the beginning of the location development in 2008, German and international companies and research institutions have chosen to settle on the EUREF campus.
Ecologically and economically sustainable solutions have transformed the offices and science campus - which by 2014 had already met the German government's climate objectives for 2050 - into a unique European centre for innovative futuristic projects. Through intense interaction and numerous partnerships, global players, start-ups, as well as teaching and research institutions are developing intelligent solutions for the city of tomorrow.
„The EUREF campus is attractive for companies because it is also attractive to their employees. An inspiring environment with smart buildings, great architecture, and beautiful grounds, with plenty of space for meetings and plenty of room for ideas.“
Foto: © EUREF AG / Christian Kruppa
Key facts about the EUREF Campus Berlin:
- research campus for the federal government's "Mobility2Grid" and part of the model region WindNODE / "Showcase for Intelligent Energy - Digital Agenda for the Energy Revolution (Sinteg)"
- uses biogas cogeneration to produce its own CO₂-neutral energy supply
- locally generated renewable energy from photovoltaics / wind power
- smart grid / smart metering on campus
- testing platform for electro-mobility with the largest electric re-charging station in Germany
- home to around 150 companies and research institutions with approximately 5,000 employees
- networked interdisciplinary community
- university campus with its own masters programs
- home to well-known companies and research institutions
- annually hosts over 500 events and visits by more than 150 international delegations
- over 15 seminar and event spaces
- 12 Tesla Supercharger charging stations
- new LEED platinum-certified structures alongside older buildings listed as historical landmarks
- innovative and energy-efficient building technologies
- restaurants and sports activities
- development of a total of 19 building complexes with approx. 165,000 m² of floor space
The EUREF Campus is setting the standard for the State of Berlin's Smart City strategy: with a climate-neutral energy supply, the intelligent energy network, the energy-efficient buildings, the testing platform for the mobility of the future, and numerous other research projects, the campus demonstrates on a daily basis that the energy transition is both feasible and affordable.
Through events related to climate protection and sustainability, guided tours of the campus, company visits, and informative projects such as the Energy Workshop, the campus continues to expand its function as a forum and information hub.
- Traffic technology & Mobility
- Energy & Environmental technology
- Media & creative industries
- IT & Automation
Schöneberg, Torgauer Straße