This 5.5-hectare urban quarter is a symbol of the energy revolution in Germany and serves as a home base for companies working in the fields of energy, sustainability and mobility. Since the beginning of the location development in 2008, German and international companies and research institutions have chosen to settle on the EUREF campus.
Ecologically and economically sustainable solutions have transformed the offices and science campus - which by 2014 had already met the German government's climate objectives for 2045 - into a unique European center for innovative futuristic projects. Through intense interaction and numerous partnerships, global players, startups, as well as teaching and research institutions are developing intelligent solutions for the city of tomorrow.
„The EUREF campus is attractive for companies because it is also attractive to their employees. An inspiring environment with smart buildings, great architecture, and beautiful grounds, with plenty of space for meetings and plenty of room for ideas.“
Foto: © EUREF AG / Christian Kruppa
Key facts about the EUREF Campus Berlin:
- A total of 26 building complexes with approx. 135,000 m² of floor space, over 10 seminar and event areas
- By 2024, interior work and listed refurbishment of the Gasometer Schöneberg with 28,000 m² of space for 2,000 workplaces as well as multifunctional event areas and a publicly accessible sky lounge at a height of 66 meters
- LEED Platinum certified new buildings and listed old buildings
- Innovative and energy-efficient building technologies
- CO₂-neutral energy supply through biogas cogeneration plant
- Locally generated renewable energy from photovoltaics / wind power
- Smart grid / smart metering on campus
- Test platform for electromobility and Germany's largest electric fuel station as well as several charging options for electric cars, including 12 Tesla Superchargers
- Headquarters of numerous well-known companies and research institutions, small and medium-sized companies and startups in the field of energy, sustainability and mobility, around 150 companies in total with soon almost 7,000 employees
- Research campus of the federal government "Mobility2Grid"
- University campus of the TU Berlin with four master's degree programs related to the topics of the energy transition
- Networked interdisciplinary location community
- Over 500 events and more than 150 international delegations annually
- Six daytime restaurants and a fine dining evening restaurant as well as sports facilities
The EUREF Campus is setting the standard for the State of Berlin's Smart City strategy: with a climate-neutral energy supply, the intelligent energy network, the energy-efficient buildings, the testing platform for the mobility of the future, and numerous other research projects, the campus demonstrates on a daily basis that the energy transition is both feasible and affordable.
Through events related to climate protection and sustainability, guided tours of the campus, company visits, and informative projects such as the Energy Workshop, the campus continues to expand its function as a forum and information hub.
- Traffic technology & Mobility
- Energy & Environmental technology
- Media & creative industries
- IT & Automation
- Research & Science
Schöneberg, Torgauer Straße