This 5.5-hectare urban quarter is a symbol of the energy revolution in Germany and serves as a home base for companies working in the fields of energy, sustainability and mobility. Ecologically and economically sustainable solutions have transformed the offices and science campus - which by 2014 had already met the German government's climate objectives for 2050 - into a unique European center for innovative forward-looking projects.
Key facts about the EUREF Campus Berlin:
- research campus for the federal government's "Mobility2Grid" and part of the model region WindNODE / "Showcase for Intelligent Energy - Digital Agenda for the Energy Revolution (Sinteg)"
- uses biogas cogeneration to produce its own CO₂-neutral energy supply
- locally generated renewable energy from photovoltaics / wind power
- smart grid / smart metering on campus
- testing platform for electro-mobility with the largest electric re-charging station in Germany
- home to around 150 companies and research institutions with approximately 3,500 employees
- networked interdisciplinary community
- university campus with its own masters programs
- home to well-known companies and research institutions
- annually hosts over 300 events and visits by more than 150 international delegations
- over 15 seminar and event spaces
- e-car sharing station and the largest electric re-charging station in Germany
- new LEED platinum-certified structures alongside older buildings listed as historical landmarks
- innovative and energy-efficient building technologies
- restaurants and sports activities
- development of a total of 18 building complexes with approx. 165,000 m² of floor space
Since development of the site began, a number of internationally recognized companies - including Deutsche Bahn, Schneider Electric, Cisco, Alphabet, General Electric, Hubject, the Innovation Centre for Mobility and Societal Change - as well as research institutions such as the Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change, the Climate-KIC and the Social Science Research center Berlin, have chosen to settle on the EUREF campus Berlin. Through intense interaction and numerous partnerships, this innovative community of global players, start-ups as well as teaching and research institutions is developing intelligent solutions for the city of tomorrow.
The Südkreuz train station, the interurban station Schöneberg and access to the Berlin beltway are all located nearby.
Schöneberg, Torgauer Straße