In a nationwide comparison, the cultural and creative industries have experienced above-average growth in terms of sales and employment in recent years. Creative and media professionals from all over the world are drawn to the German capital. They are supported by an excellent funding landscape and production infrastructure for creatives.
- Headquarters of Axel Springer AG, Universal Music Germany, Paramount, Wooga, Welt, DW-TV, rbb, Netflix, Sony Deutschland, Zalando
- International event location: Berlinale, German Film Awards, Gamesweek, Deutscher Computerspielpreis, re:publica
- Film location for numerous national and international productions
- Germany's music capital with an annual turnover of 700 million
- Most varied newspaper region and Germany's strongest publishing location
- A hotspot for the international games industry and e-sports companies.
- Twice a year, Berlin Fashion Week brings fashion lovers and the fashion industry together.
Numerous companies from the media landscape have settled in Berlin. All of the major international broadcasters, news agencies, and editorial offices are represented here. Various universities, research facilities and institutes form a unique science and training landscape.
The key areas of Berlin's media and creative industries are:
- Film and television industry
- Music industry
- Games industry
- Print media and publishers
- Fashion and design industry
(Sources: Berlin Partner, 2022; Senate Departemente for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises)