Berlin offers attractive funding opportunities for all phases of business development — from start-up to growth financing. Financial incentives range from public loans, guarantees, and equity capital, to direct grants for investment and innovation projects.
What is part of the Finance Service?
Are you planning to settle in Berlin, do you want to grow at the location, or are you planning an innovation project? We, Berlin Partner for Business and Technology, the Berlin economic development agency, will find the right financing solution and provide you with valuable information on how to apply for funding. We work closely with project sponsors, development banks, and potential financing partners at the state, federal, and EU levels.
This is how it works:
Together, we discuss the plans for your project, which should ideally already be available in the form of a project description or a business plan. We will check with you which funding and financing instruments come into consideration, establish contacts with relevant players, and provide you with important information for your application.
- Information on funding and financing offers in Berlin
- Information on subsidies for specific industries in Berlin
- Research on the degree of innovation
- Tips for your project description and business plan
- Information on financing through loans, guarantees, equity, private equity, etc.
- Presentation of suitable funding programs
- Contacts with potential public financing partners (development banks, public VCs, etc.) for investment or innovation projects
- Preliminary coordination with the IBB development bank and project sponsors
- Investment funding for companies in Berlin: GRW Program
- Innovation funding for business and science in Berlin (including ProFIT, Transfer-/Coaching-BONUS)
- Innovation and property rights funding by the German Federal Government (including ZIM, go-inno, and WIPANO)
- EU funding programs for innovation and cooperation, including Horizon Europe