© fgnopporn - stock.adobe.com
The advertising industry
Berlin has become an innovative media location with international draw and access to top-notch services.
Facts and figures
- Creative advertising market with over 2,000 agencies;
- Major location for public relations agencies due to the city’s proximity to government and associations;
- Unparalleled education and training opportunities for future advertisers and marketers;
- Numerous programs in the "Capital of Talent" foster the next generation of creative thinkers;
- Dramatic increase in the number of advertising agencies in Berlin in recent years;
- Awards for Berlin agencies (about one quarter have won awards for their work) are a testament to the quality and creativity of the work coming out of Berlin;
- Ten of Germany's 20 largest advertising agencies now have offices in Berlin.
„Berlin is simply where most of the top creative talent wants to live these days.“
Frank Lotze Managing Director of BBDO Germany
What agencies appreciate about Berlin
- The capital-city factor is key, especially for PR agencies;
- Distinctive offerings in media culture;
- Creative potential;
- Outstanding transportation and telecommunication infrastructure;
- Significantly lower rental prices for office and commercial space than in other German cities;
- The number of customers in the capital is rising;
- Well-educated professionals;
- Associations and networks on the spot.