Berlin Campus Charlottenburg
Campus Charlottenburg, one of the largest inner-city university complexes in Europe, blends technology and creativity. This interdisciplinary melting pot for research and development goes back to an initiative of the Technical University of Berlin, the University of the Arts Berlin, and the district of Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf. The scientific research facilities are embedded in a modern district with rich retail, services, and cultural offerings. Some of Berlin's most exciting start-ups are active here and are already shaping the science and technologies of tomorrow.
- Traffic technology & Mobility
- Medicine & Health Care
- Energy & Environmental technology
- Media & creative Industries
- Photonics & Optics
- IT & Automation
- Technische Universität Berlin (TU)
- Universität der Künste (UdK)
- bbw University
- Hochschule der popülären Künste
- SRH Hochschule Berlin
- Fraunhofer IPK Institute for Production Systems and Design Technology
- Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute, HHI
- Research Center Matheon - Mathematics for Key Technologies
- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt - PTB
- Deutsche Telekom Laboratories - T-Labs
The Berlin Campus Charlottenburg’s central symbol is Ernst-Reuter-Platz, which is characterized by its post-WWII architecture. International companies have located subsidiaries close to research and development, and the connections of art, science, business, technology and communications characterize the area. The Charlottenburger Innovationszentrum für Gründer (CHIC), an incubator, offers an ideal climate for new companies.
In recent years, Kantstraße has become a location for design and creativity. The connection between Breitscheidplatz and the trade show site Messe Berlin is a major axis in Berlin.
The Berlin Campus Charlottenburg includes two of Berlin’s most famous boulevards, Kurfürstendamm and Tauentzienstraße, and is valued as a location for retail and service. In the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district, Kleist- and Bülowstraße continue this trend. The area’s feel changes here and the area boasts a higher level of hotels and tourists.