The science city of Adlershof is one of the most successful locations for high technology in Germany and is also Berlin's largest media location. Across an area of 4.2 km² and embedded in an overall urban planning concept, more than 1,100 companies and scientific institutions have settled in this location. Nearly 20,000 people work here, along with about 6,300 students. The science and technology park with 527 companies, six natural science institutes from the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and ten non-university research institutes is at the heart of this area.
- Southeast Berlin;
- Very close to Berlin Brandenburg Airport BER;
- Direct connections to public transportation and highways.
- Photonics and Optics
- Microsystems and Materials
- Information technology (IT)
- Biotechnology and Environment
- Renewable Energy and Photovoltaics
Infrastructure and services
- Chemistry and physics laboratories, cleanrooms, workshops and offices available in the 5 Technology Centers;
- The Innovation and Business Incubation Centeroffers Start-up-Services;
- Joint project development, active involvement in professional networks;
- National / international collaborations;
- Event, trade fair and visitor service.
- more than 1,100 companies and 16 scientific institutions;
- Approx. 20,000 employees and about 6,300 students;
- Science and technology park with 527 technology-focused companies, 6 natural science institutes from the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and 10 non-university research institutes;
- Media City (Medienstadt) with about 170 companies;
- Over 430 businesses, shops, hotels and restaurants in the immediate vicinity;
- 360 single-family homes, 1,600 rental and condominiums, townhouses, nearly 400 student apartments;
- Room for further growth;
- 66 hectares of nature and landscape park space.