Industry 4.0 involves the complete networking of industrial production using IP-based networks to increase the efficiency and flexibility of enterprises. As a result, it is the #1 topic on the minds of those thinking about the future of industry.
The region is known for being dynamic and creative with outstanding opportunities for networking and renewal. Innovative business models are being developed and tested through the unique interaction of different stakeholders. Research, start-ups, innovative SMEs, and global corporations are all finding Berlin to be a fine place to experiment and break ground for the fourth industrial revolution.
„Industry 4.0 is on everyone's lips, but not every company has the experience and expertise to make it happen. At our pilot location in Berlin, we have spent recent years systematically preparing ourselves for the digital age. Manufacturing processes have been automated and we are constantly optimizing the exchange of information and data between humans and machines.“
Practical research and networking
Your R&D projects will find the right support in Berlin: four cooperating Fraunhofer Institutes, four major universities, and other post-secondary and research institutions work closely together with the Berlin's industrial companies.
Private and public initiatives connect established companies, the start-up scene, and research working on the topic of Industry 4.0 in Berlin:
- The Berlin Center for Digital Transformation of the four Berlin Fraunhofer Institutes provides an ecosystem that can rapidly turn research results into innovative products.
- The Industry 4.0 Competence Atlas provides transparent assistance in the search for the right regional technology providers and Industry 4.0 experts
- Berlin Centre for Digital Transformation
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Systems and Design Technology (IPK)
www.ipk.fraunhofer.de/industrie-40 (in German only)
- HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences
- Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM)
- Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin
www.beuth-hochschule.de (in German only)
- Technical University of Berlin
- Berlin School of Economics and Law