In a nationwide comparison, the cultural and creative industries have experienced above-average growth in terms of sales and employment in recent years. Creative and media professionals from all over the world are drawn to the German capital. They are supported by an outstanding support for creative professionals.
- Nr. 1 film region with major international productions
- Headquarters of Axel Springer AG, Universal Music Germany, Viacom International Media Networks, Wooga, Welt, DW-TV, rbb, Ubisoft, Sony Deutschland
- Germany's music capital with an annual turnover of 700 million
- Most varied newspaper region and Germany's strongest publishing location
- International event location: Berlinale, German Film Awards, Media Convention, Gamesweek, Deutscher Computerspielpreis, re:publica and Berlin Fashion Week
- Unique environment for science, research and education in Europe
- Berlin is a hotspot for the international games industry and e-sports companies.
- Twice a year, Berlin Fashion Week brings fashion lovers and the fashion industry together.
Numerous companies from the media landscape have settled in Berlin. All of the major international broadcasters, news agencies, and editorial offices are represented here. With its good production infrastructure, funding conditions, and creative atmosphere, the capital region is a magnet for producers, film distributors, streaming portals, and VFX companies from all over the world.
The key areas of Berlin's media and creative industries are:
- Film and television industry
- Music industry
- Games industry
- Print media and publishers
- Fashion and design industry
(Sources: Berlin Partner, 2018; Senate Departemente for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises)