Berlin has established itself in the TOP 5 of the worldwide places for fashion with roughly 200,000 visitors at trade fairs and fashion shows.
Berlin is Germany’s fashion capital with roughly 2,500 companies and 24,000 people employed! Encouraged by the proximity to the creative industries and important related markets, the number of fashion businesses has grown more than 30% since 2000. Numerous shopping miles and flagship stores for international brands draw fashion fans and tourists from around the world.
Facts and trends
- Around 800 designers offer a spectrum of high price couture from Green Fashion to Streetwear, from individual pieces to full collections.
- Twice a year, Berlin becomes the centre stage for the international fashion and lifestyle industry by the Berlin Fashion Week.
- Modern order centers and showrooms offer out of the ordinary show space for wholesale.
- Berlin has the most training locations for fashion in Europe. Each year roughly 300 graduates complete their training at Berlin’s ten fashion schools.
- Berlin stands for talent: Many prizes for young talented designers are awarded here.
(Source: Information from the Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises, 2017)