Berlin is Germany’s biggest job market. Each year, international talents move to Berlin in their tens of thousands. More than 190,000 students hone their skills here, and more than 30,000 graduates enter the job market annually.
What does the Business Talent Package offer?
Are you looking to locate to or grow in Berlin? We provide a comprehensive overview of the availability of specialists and on wages and salaries. We show you how to find the right talent and to keep them in your organization. We continue supporting you until you have filled your vacancies and the employees have arrived in Berlin.
We take care of Business.
We establish contacts with personnel agencies and potential candidates through our networks. We organise welcome tours for professionals coming to Berlin and provide information about life in the city. For talents from outside the EU, we help employers handle work permit issues.
At a glance: The Business Talent Package.
- Data on the availability of specialists
- Support in the recruitment strategy
- Posting of job vacancies in the Job Portal at talent-berlin.de and on social media
- Contacts with personnel service providers and recruiting partners (the federal employment agency, personnel agencies, transfer companies)
- Contact to recruitment partners (the Federal Employment Agency, recruitment agencies, transfer companies)
- Access to career services and alumni offices at Berlin’s universities
- Joined recruiting campaigns to attract new talents
Business Immigration Service
- Service for Berlin companies and investors
- Support in applying for residence and work permits for talent from non-EU countries
- Assistance in the applications process and workshops for companies
- Communication with the Registration Office for Foreigners in Berlin
- Official statements in collaboration with embassies, state authorities, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce and the Federal Employment Agency
Welcome and Onboardingservice
- Support in the integration of newly arrived specialists in Berlin
- Welcome package with initial information about Berlin
- Guides and checklists at the talent portal talent-berlin.de: Living and working in Berlin
- The Dual Career Service provides comprehensive information and advice to partners and spouses of strategically important science and industry professionals moving to Berlin
- Information for accompanying partners
- Welcome tours of Berlin
- Location presentations on Berlin at the company’s premises in the event of company relocations
- Visibility as a Berlin employer in the industry presentations on www.talent-berlin.de
- Short videos to introduce interesting jobs in Berlin companies
- Promoting recruiting events via talent-berlin.de and our social media channels
Testimonials about the Business Talent Package
„We searched for a suitable software location for Testo in Barcelona, Romania and Berlin, and Berlin won the race by far. Here we find excellent programmers and a vibrant startup scene, also superb assistance from Berlin Partner. The overall package was just perfect for us.“
Berlin Partner for Business and Technology's Talent Services Unit offers individualized support – in person – via the Business Talent Package. You will receive services from one competent source, in cooperation with partner organizations in Berlin.
1. Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
- Initial consultation
- Analyzes needs
- Brings relevant network partners together
- Free advertising on the Berlin portal for specialists and managers www.talent-berlin.de/jobs
- Offer for regional employer branding and personnel marketing
- Information about (and assistance with) specific subsidy programs for job placement with the state of Berlin
- Business Immigration Service: Residence and work permit assistance
2. Employment office
- Free job announcement in the employment office's JOBBÖRSE and associated web portals
- Select and contact applicants through the employment office applicant data base
- Headhunting through university teams and management recruiting
- Recruiting activities in selected countries worldwide to attract qualified specialists in shortage occupations through the ZAV, the Central Foreign and Specialized Placement Service
- Takeover of "training on the job" before hiring as well as individual integration or wage subsidies
3. Network partners
Additional support in the recruiting and development of skilled workers through our network partners and their services and products in all phases of traditional HR work:
a) Planning phase (strategic personnel planning, analysis of required personnel and planning of the actual recruiting)
b) Image marketing (HR marketing strategies, development of an employer branding strategy, contact with the next generation of talent)
c) Search for applicants and acquisition (media planning, ads, use of agents, direct searches)
d) Pre-selection and selection phase (different selection methods for decision making)
e) hiring phase (preparation of employment contracts, registration with the insurance system, payroll accounting, etc.)
f) talent management (retention of new and existing employees using personnel measures such as motivation factors or incentive systems)
g) personnel development (through individual training, qualifications and coaching)
h) reorganisation or restructuring (with professional partners from the field of outplacement and transfer companies)
Find more information about Berlin's labor market here.