Nowhere else in Germany has there been such an increase in the number of people working as in Berlin. In 2019, the number of people in Berlin gainfully employed increased by 2.4% to 2.064 million. The largest growth has been seen in information and communications, posting a growth of 7.3% last year, meaning more than 125,000 Berliners currently work in this sector. Other large sectors of the economy are retail with 120,000 workers and healthcare, which employs some 112,000 people. (Numbers are based on the number of workers earning more than €450 a month, the threshold where social insurance contributions become mandatory.)
Whether an IT specialist or a healthcare worker, a large number of people are moving to the capital for its good labour market and creative environment. Over 215,000 people also commute to Berlin daily from the surrounding state of Brandenburg.
Berlin Partner für Wirtschaft und Technologie GmbH, the economic development agency of the State of Berlin, is on hand to support your company in recruiting the right employees from this large and international talent pool and in attracting more talented individuals to choose Berlin.
Our support services include:
- Free placement of your job on our jobs portal www.talent-berlin.de/jobs
- We promote this portal to talented professionals showing an interest in Berlin at international and German jobs and graduate fairs.
- Support in the basic content and graphic design of jobs advertisements and the selection of communication channels and platforms appropriate for your target audience
- Addition of the employer with its history, special jobs, and industry classification in the talent portal www.talent-berlin.de supports visibility and employer branding in the region
- Distribution of your job advertisements in our network of over 50 free placement service providers incl. transfer/outplacement consultants
- Consulting in the context of operational change situations with organizational and individual qualification needs. We advise all involved on opportunities, offers, and, if necessary, support programs and put them in contact with the right actors to implement the personnel development measures.
Our welcome offers
- On our specialist portal www.talent-berlin.de, new Berliners will find many interesting articles about living and working in the city, as well as information about visas and work permits for international employees. The information can be actively discussed in the social hub.
- Haptic information material about Berlin is available with our welcome packages (red felt bag with various information about life and arrival in Berlin as well as some details). Just let us know the required number & language (German/English) and we will provide them so you can send them to your new employees.
- Our welcome app makes arrival in the German capital easier for new Berliners. The web app provides information and support with concrete hints, tips, and an individualized guide to the various bureaucratic hurdles. Information with contacts and many links facilitate arrival in Berlin. This service is free of charge, free of advertising, and does not require any logins.
- During our free welcome tours for new Berliners, we show the many different distinctive lifestyles available in the city's diverse neighbourhoods. Trained guides on the buses present Berlin as an attractive option to specialists and managers considering a move to the city.