With an extensive telecommunications network and broadband coverage, Berlin is an important location for major telecommunications and Internet service providers.
The capital offers:
- a powerful, comprehensive network which ensures seamless communication across all channels;
- comprehensive (V) DSL and cable network offerings as well as almost full coverage with LTE;
- roughly 200.000 km fiber-optic network and possible optical fiber connectivity throughout most of the city;
- peering ports with 100 MB/s to 100 GB/s through peering infrastructure, using a redundant design in connection with online data centers at five locations spread throughout the city;
- excellent supply of commercial, professional broadband products at almost all future locations and technology centers;
- free Wi-Fi at more than 650 hotspots, free Wi-Fi network will be set up at tourist locations, public buildings and subway stations;
- a broad array of services: numerous telecommunications and internet service providers, network operators and associations.
(Source: Digital Economy in Berlin, Berlin Partner, 2016)