As the largest district with the most water, the Treptow-Köpenick district offers space for new ideas and excellent infrastructure and transportation connections. Treptow-Köpenick stands firm as a center for innovative growth, along with culture and tourism, for business, science and research.
- City and nature join here and form a high quality urban area with all that is required to create an attractive location for living, working and relaxation
- From the city center to the city’s edge, the district includes very diverse neighborhoods, unique in Berlin
- Modern and urban structures for living and working are a contrast to traditional and historic buildings
- Approximately 14 residents per hectare, the least populous of Berlin’s districts
- 60 % of the district’s area consists of leisure space, forests and water
- Large center for science, business and media in Adlershof, theTechnologie- und Gründerzentrum Schöneweide and the Innovationspark Wuhlheide for new companies
- Good location for transportation with connections by water-, rail- and roadway
- Highly qualified specialists and low unemployment rate
- Near the Airport BER
- Berlin’s district with the largest surface space at 16,841 hectares
- The district is home to Berlin’s highest office building, the Treptowers
Business locations and areas for development
Berlin Adlershof – City of Science, Technology and Media
Adlershof is one of Germany’s largest science and technology parks and the most important media location in the region. More than 1,000 companies are located here.
Companies and institutes from photonics, optical media, microsystems and material technology, information and media technology, biotech and environment, as well as photovoltaics are based here. The Chancellor debate, feature films such as “Good Bye Lenin,” and television productions such as “The Voice of Germany” are recorded in the Berlin Adlershof television and recording studios.
The 420 hectare large site has been integrated into the city’s planning concept. There are parks and apartments with modern infrastructure nearby.
With direct access to the A113 autobahn and merely 6 kilometers to the Airport BER, Adlershof has excellent transport connections.
The Humboldt-Universität has situated all its math and natural science institutes in Adlershof.
Medien-Stadt Adlershof [MediaCity Adlershof ]
Studio Berlin Adlershof (SBA) GmbH
+49 30 6704-5500
Fax: +49 30 6704-5505
Wuhlheide Innovation Park (IPW)
Many companies from technological sectors with a high potential for growth such as tool engineering, optical-electonics and biotech are located in the Innovationspark Wuhlheide.
Approximately 130 companies with nearly 800 employees work at the campus. The campus’ structure offers benefits: There are numerous networks with companies from related sectors.
The Manfred von Ardenne commercial area is the heart of the center.
TGS Technologie- und Gründerzentrum Spreeknie
More than 100 years ago at this site, the founding of AEG set the stage for industrial development in Berlin. Today the Technologie- und Gründerzentrum Spreeknie (TGS) is a location for high tech companies.
This large-scale project is located in a large commercial location for research, production and services. With 20,000 m² of main usable space, TGS is one of the largest technology centers and business incubators in Germany.
TGS feels a sense of responsibility towards newly founded technology companies and start-ups from ICT, environmental technology, solar and automated technology.
The area spreads over 74 hectares along the banks of the Spree and comprises the Ober- and Niederschönweide neighborhoods. Emil Rathenau wrote industry history here when he founded AEG. Today, Oberschöneweide is a modern location for research, production, and services. Wilhelminenhofstraße has become a center for culture, technology, startups, and teaching.
The HTW Berlin - University of Applied Sciences here is another plus for the location.
Business development in Treptow-Köpenick
The Treptow-Köpenick district economic developement office is your contact for:
- Start-ups; founding of new small businesses
- Portfolio management
- Location marketing
- Project management
- Central contact and coordinating office ZAK
- Tourism developments
- Bringing businesses to Berlin
- Projects: Economically beneficial measures (WDM)
Your contact at the local authority in Treptow-Köpenick