The Reinickendorf business district is located in northwest Berlin. With approximately 266,100 residents, the district is comparable in size with German cities like Kassel and Aachen. An industrial location with a long history, Reinickendorf today is characterized by global companies such as Borsig, Gerb, Bosch and MAN, as well as SMEs and trade/craft companies. There are also contemporary commercial areas such as the Postwerk project - POSTWERK BERLIN.
- Tegeler See, Berlin’s second largest lake with 408 hectares
- Tegeler Forst forest with diverse leisure activities
- Pleasure boat and cruise terminals
- About 9,500 businesses in the district
- The sector of the manufacturing industry is traditionally strongly represented in Reinickendorf. Overall, Reinickendorf companies had approx. 3.16 billion euros in turnover
- Berlin TXL – The Urban Tech Republic: In the future Innovation park, which is being built on the former Tegel Airport, urban technologies will be researched, developed, produced, tested and exported. This is where science and research meet industry and commerce, and start-ups meet investors. And everyone is working together on solutions for the cities of tomorrow.
- Large areas for commercial space
- Good transport connections with the surroundings in Brandenburg and the Berlin city
- Recipient of the IHK “Unternehmerfreundlicher Bezirk” award as a business-friendly district
Business development in Reinickendorf
We aim to secure and expand the Reinickendorf business district in order to retain and create new jobs. We see ourselves as competent partners for business and are the main contact for all businesses in the region. In addition we are a consulting office for all questions regarding opening new businesses and start-ups. We see ourselves as guides and the lobby for business.
Your contact at the local authority in Reinickendorf
[Economic Policy Office]
+49 30 90294-5670
Fax: +49 30 90294-2144