»Oracle's locations in Berlin and Potsdam have access to an optimal infrastructure. We are in close contact with our customers and partners as well as policymakers and government agencies. We value the city's creativity, while our employees are happy with the family-friendly environment and low cost of living.«Jürgen Kunz, Senior Vice President Northern Europe, ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
In Berlin, tremendous synergies have arisen where the traditional media sector, the digital economy and the telecommunications industry intersect. The capital is also unique within Germany as the center of the creative economy.
The media and creative industries account for some 37,000 companies, which employ more than 300,000 workers and produce an annual turnover of about 30 billion Euros. The key businesses in Berlin's media sector are television, news agencies, film, music, telecommunications, internet and advertising.
- Nr. 1 film region with major international productions
- Headquarters of Axel Springer AG, Universal Music Germany, Viacom International Media Networks, Hasso-Plattner-Institute, Wooga, N24, DW-TV, rbb
- Start-up metropolis for web content, games, social media, IT and mobile
- Germanys music capital with an annual turnover of 700 million
- Most varied newspaper region and Germanys strongest publishing location
- International event location: Berlinale, German Film Awards, medienwoche@IFA, DGT Deutsche Gamestage, Deutscher Computerspielpreis, BerlinWebWeek, re:publica, NEXT, animago Award, ECHO, DMY International Design Festival and Berlin Fashion Week
- Unique environment for science, research and education in Europe
The information and communications technologies industry considers Berlin an important test market for new developments. The region has the largest fiber-optic network in Europe and was at the vanguard of the switch to terrestrial digital television. Science and research institutions, which play an important role in driving the convergence of different forms of media, are also strongly represented in Berlin.
(Source: Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH, 2015)