Breite Straße 24 A-26
Phone: +49 30 90295-0
Fax: +49 30 90295-2244
Phone: +49 30 90295-0
Fax: +49 30 90295-6510
General information and locational advantagesPankow and its thirteen neighborhoods offer diverse locations ranging from the old-Berlin central area of Prenzlauer Berg to the nature reserve areas like Blankenfelde or Karow/Buch in Berlin’s outskirts. 370,000 people live in the district along the Panke river with an area of 10,000 hectares. This makes Pankow Berlin’s most populous district.
- All important commercial sectors can be found in Pankow, for example biotech
- Industry and transport technology in Wilhelmsruh
- Modern services in Prenzlauer Berg and Weißensee www.backfabrik.de ,
- Innovative media technologies throughout the district
- Largest percentage of small, traditional trade/crafts companies per residents in Berlin
- The capital’s most populous district
- Continual population growth
- Potential for building new residential buildings
- Active start-up and entrepreneur scene
- Potential for commercial space
- Excellent transport connections on the A114 on the autobahn beltway, and to the city center via the main thoroughfares Schönhauser Allee, Prenzlauer Allee and Greifswalder Straße
- Good public transport
- Art and cultural centers such as Pfefferberg or Brotfabrik
- Vibrant international music scene with institutions like Kulturbrauerei and tape.tv
- Schloss Schönhausen palace including a park and adjacent buildings
- Europe’s largest Jewish cemetary in Weißensee
- Weißer See lake with parks and tourist attractions
- Recurring festivals like the Blumenfest Weißensee (flower fest) or the river festival, Fest an der Panke, with popular art markets
- The Zeiss Planetarium at the former gas works
- Sports facilities including Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark and Max Schmeling Halle
- Many additional tourist attractions from TIC
Commercial districts in Pankow
Pankow offers entrepreneurs and young companies a wide variety of locations at which to put their ideas into practice.
The nine most important commercial districts are as follows:
- Ultra-modern clinker flair
- Total surface area: approx. 280,000m²
- One of the biggest single-location, state-of-the-art commercial districts.
- One of Berlin's greatest industrial memorials.
- Berlin's largest self-supporting hall (Length: approx. 250m; height: 22m; useable space: approx. 21,000m²).
- Over 1,800 employees working in more than 80 companies.
- Offices, commercial premises and workshops with modern communication facilities.
- Opportunities for co-operation and outsourcing
- Education, vocational and further training on offer
ABB Grundbesitz GmbH & Co. Objekte Berlin OHG
Mr Karl-Heinz Liefländer
D - 13158 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 91772200
Fax: +49 30 91772487
- New construction erected in 1997 on the site of a former leather factory.
- 8 buildings with a total area of 35,000 m².
- More than 80 handicraft businesses and service providers.
- Pleasant surroundings with much greenery and a biotope with pond.
- Very good traffic/transport connections to the city centre and the surrounding area via the A114.
- Gewerbegebiet Pankow-Nord is only a kilometre away, offering scope for synergies.
- The Pankow start-up-centre "Go Panke" is also based in the newly-constructed building.
Gewerbesiedlungs-Gesellschaft mbH (ORCO-GSG)
D - 10587 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 390930
- Total area: 70ha.
- Of this, some 44ha is net building land.
- Fully- and partly-developed vacant plots upwards of 2000m² are available.
- Variable sizes provide greatest-possible flexibility in adapting to individual requirements.
- Parts of the area are earmarked as so-called "GI zones", i.e. for purely industrial use.
- Three-shift operation possible.
- Construction work may qualify for subsidies of up to 43% awarded under the Joint Agreement on Improving Regional Economic Structures (GA).
- The many green spaces guarantee a pleasant working environment.
- The Tengelmann group has already set up a logistics services centre on a 12-hectare site.
- Connections to the A10 and A114 motorways and B109 trunk road make the area especially attractive for transport firms.
Liegenschaftsfonds Berlin GmbH & Co.KG
Am Köllnischen Park 1
D - 10179 Berlin
Phone: + 49 30 223368-00
Fax: + 49 30 223368-97
- A site spanning 80,000m², with single offices, office suites and office floors with teleport from 20 to 2,000m².
- Conference rooms, offices and vehicles can be rented at short notice and by the hour.
- More than 1,400 parking spaces for staff, 150 short-term spaces.
- Bus stop directly outside, kindergarten, restaurants and shops.
- Weissensee Art College is situated on the DGZ site.
- The DGZ occupies a central position, only a few kilometres from the heart of Berlin and only 2km from the A114 motorway.
D - 10785 Berlin
Phone +49 30 2789 52274
Fax +49 30 2789 5219
Campus Berlin Buch
- Close co-operation between research establishments, hospitals and companies provides the ideal basis for scientific exchange.
- Total utilisable area: approx. 26,500m²
- Innovation and business start-up centre (IGZ)
- Attractive conditions for commercial units for laboratory-office combinations in various sizes as well as individual laboratories and offices with shared facilities.
- Some 10,000m² of utilisable space may be added.
- Companies interested in moving onto the site can construct buildings themselves or commission BBB Management GmbH to do so for them.
- Thirty-nine companies with just under 550 employees
- The workforce has more than doubled since 1998.
BBB Management GmbH
Dr. Gudrun Erzgräber (Managing Director)
D - 13125 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 9489-2511
Fax: +49 30 9489-3812
Darßer Straße / Saaler Bogen
- A constructible area spanning 2.5 hectares, for the production industry and related firms
- Plots range from approx. 4,000 to 5,200m².
INKON Projektentwicklungs-und Planungsgesellschaft mbH
Berliner Allee 256
D - 13088 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 9253003
Fax: +49 30 9251439
- A creative interface on the border between the districts of Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg
- Thanks to its excellent infrastructure and a population with above-average participation in cultural events, Prenzlauer Berg is open to new ideas and developments.
- The listed former brewery building conjures up an unusual and fascinating atmosphere.
- More than 21,000m² of commercial space is available for flexible use by the art and culture, service and commercial sectors.
- A 73-bed hotel is being built along Christinenstrasse.
- An underground car park below the hotel will provide car parking spaces for all companies situated on the Pfefferberg.
- The rental units is sub-divided into units either for fitting by the tenant or ready for use.
Pfefferberg Entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG
Fehrbelliner Straße 92
D - 10119 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 4438-3485
Fax: +49 30 4438-3488
- On the site of a former slaughterhouse.
- A modern, 50-hectare urban quarter with approx. 800 apartments will be erected here by 2006.
- Approximately 270,000m² of trading, commercial and service space will be provided in both newly-constructed and a number of renovated listed buildings.
- Ideal traffic/transport connections, situated near Alexanderplatz.
- Good connections to local public transport, the railway and national roads.
ses Stadtentwicklungsgesellschaft Eldenaer Straße mbH
D - 10249 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0)1805445169170
Fax: +49 (0)1805445169171
- An industrial building with a history stretching back as far as the 19th Century.
- 25,000m² of net utilisable space targeted specifically at young communication and media industry firms
- Generous and efficiently sub-divided high-tech offices with star-configuration wiring right up to each workplace.
- Cultural events and ongoing marketing further the location's unique and unmistakeable image.
Saarbruecker Straße 36-38
D - 10405 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 4403161-1
Fax: +49 30 4403161-2
Business development in Mitte
The district’s economic development office answers questions about commerce, trade and business in the district, individual questions about starting or running a business, commercial law, relocation, analyses, funding and financing, addresses and contact with officials and administrative offices.
Head of Business Promotion Office
Phone: +49 30 90295-5665
Fax: +49 30 90295-6510