General information and locational advantages
Pankow and its thirteen neighborhoods offer diverse locations ranging from the old-Berlin central area of Prenzlauer Berg to the nature reserve areas like Blankenfelde or Karow/Buch in Berlin’s outskirts. 385,000 people live in the district along the Panke river with an area of 10,000 hectares. This makes Pankow Berlin’s most populous district.
- All important commercial sectors can be found in Pankow, for example biotech www.campus-berlin-buch.de
- Industry and transport technology in Wilhelmsruh www.pankowpark.de
- Modern services and startups in Prenzlauer Berg and Pankow (www.gidak.de, www.backfabrik.de, www.heynstudios.de, www.wix.com)
- Innovative media technologies throughout the district
- Largest percentage of small, traditional trade/crafts companies per residents in Berlin
- The capital’s most populous district
- Continual population growth
- Active start-up and entrepreneur scene
- Potential for building new residential buildings
- Excellent transport connections on the A114 on the autobahn beltway, and to the city center via the main thoroughfares Schönhauser Allee, Prenzlauer Allee and Greifswalder Straße
- Good public transport
- Art and cultural centers such as Pfefferberg or Brotfabrik
- Vibrant international music scene with institutions like Kulturbrauerei and Black Box Music
- Schloss Schönhausen palace including a park and adjacent buildings
- Europe’s largest Jewish cemetary in Weißensee
- Weißer See lake with parks and tourist attractions
- Recurring festivals like the Blumenfest Weißensee (flower fest) or the river festival, Fest an der Panke with Lucia market and popular art markets
- Sports facilities including Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark and Max Schmeling Halle
- Many additional tourist attractions from TIC www.tic-berlin.de
Commercial districts in Pankow
Pankow offers entrepreneurs and young companies a wide variety of locations at which to put their ideas into practice.
The six most important commercial districts are as follows:
- One of Berlin's greatest industrial memorials.
- Berlin's largest self-supporting hall (Length: approx. 250m; height: 22m; useable space: approx. 21,000m²).
- Over 1,800 employees working in more than 80 companies.
- Offices, commercial premises and workshops with modern communication facilities.
- Education, vocational and further training on offer
ABB Grundbesitz GmbH
D - 13158 Berlin
+49 30 9177-0
- New construction erected in 1997 on the site of a former leather factory.
- 8 buildings with a total area of 35,000 m².
- More than 80 handicraft businesses and service providers.
- Pleasant surroundings with much greenery and a biotope with pond.
- Very good traffic/transport connections to the city centre and the surrounding area via the A114.
- Gewerbegebiet Pankow-Nord is only a kilometre away, offering scope for synergies.
- The Pankow start-up-centre "Go Panke" is also based in the newly-constructed building.
D - 13127 Berlin
+49 30 965358-830
- Vacant plots upwards of 2000m² are available.
- Variable sizes provide greatest-possible flexibility in adapting to individual requirements.
- Parts of the area are earmarked for purely industrial use.
- Three-shift operation possible.
- The many green spaces guarantee a pleasant working environment.
- Logistics services centre on a 12-hectare site.
- Connections to the A10 and A114 motorways and B109 trunk road make the area especially attractive for transport firms.
- For single offices, office suites and office floors with teleport from 20 to 2,000m².
- More than 1,400 parking spaces for staff, 150 short-term spaces.
- Bus stop directly outside, kindergarten and shops.
- Weissensee Art College is situated on the DGZ site.
- The DGZ occupies a central position, only a few kilometres from the heart of Berlin and only 2km from the A114 motorway.
D - 10785 Berlin
+49 30 2789 52274
Fax +49 30 2789 5219
Campus Berlin Buch
- Close co-operation between research establishments, hospitals and companies provides the ideal basis for scientific exchange.
- Total utilisable area: approx. 26,500m²
- Innovation and business start-up centre (IGZ)
- Attractive conditions for commercial units for laboratory-office combinations in various sizes as well as individual laboratories and offices with shared facilities.
- Some 10,000m² of utilisable space may be added.
- Thirty-nine companies with just under 550 employees
- The workforce has more than doubled since 1998.
BBB Management GmbH
D - 13125 Berlin
+49 30 9489-2511
Fax: +49 30 9489-3812
Business development in Pankow
The district’s economic development office answers questions about commerce, trade and business in the district, individual questions about starting or running a business, commercial law, relocation, analyses, funding and financing, addresses and contact with officials and administrative offices.
Your contact at the local authority in Pankow
Business Promotion Office
+49 30 90295-5665
Fax: +49 30 90295-6130
to internet portal
Your contact at Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
Project Manager Pankow
+49 30 46302-409